Kos Island: Kalymnos and Pserimos Full-Day Lazy Sail
Spend a lazy day soaking up the sun in Kos Island on an 8-hour sailing tour to the islands north of Kos. Swim and snorkel in the sea, discover peaceful coves and quiet beaches, and marvel at the charming little towns of Pothia and Pserimos.
About this activity
- Duration 8 hours
- Printed or mobile voucher accepted
- Instant confirmation
- Easy cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
- Spend the day lazing in the sun of the small islands north of Kos
- Visit the tiny island of Pserimos to enjoy its peace and tranquility
- Watch a sponge diving demonstration at Pothia
- Explore the small streets of the capital of Kalymnos
- Enjoy a lunch of traditional Greek dishes at Plati
- See the brightly painted houses of Pothia
Depart from Kos Harbor in the morning for a full-day sailing tour north of Kos Island. Relax on board the boat during the 1-hour sail to Pserimos, a small island with only 60 inhabitants. Spend over an hour in Pserimos enjoying the sun, water and lovely views at the sandy beach. Relax in one of the local taverns and fish restaurants, located directly on the beach.
Leave Pserimos at 12:30, and sail towards the small island of Plati. Anchor near the coast of the island to enjoy some free time to swim while the crew prepares lunch. Lunch will be served at around 14:00 and consists of traditional dishes such as souvlaki, Greek salad, tzatziki and fruit.
Then, sail to Kalymnos and visit its capital at Pothia. Enjoy one of the most colorful towns of the Dodecanese, where every house is painted its own color and every color has a different meaning. The island has a very dry mountainous landscape with some valleys.
Stroll down to one of the many sponge factories of Pothia. Kalymnos is renowned for its sponge divers. Learn the history and facts about sponge diving, and watch a demonstration of cutting and bleaching sponges. Then, enjoy plenty of free time to walk through the small streets of Pothia, and discover the shops of the main town.
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
When you get there
Kos Port/Akti Kountourioti (very close to the city center)
- Know before you go
- High-factor sunscreen is recommended
- Please wear summer clothing and comfortable shoes, and bring your swimwear, towel, and a hat