From Kos: Boat Tour to the Volcanic Island of Nisyros
Visit the volcanic island of Nisyros and enjoy an adventure. Drive to the crater of the volcano and marvel at its strange lunar landscape. Stroll through Mandraki with its traditional tavernas.
About this activity
- Duration 6 hours
- Printed or mobile voucher accepted
- Instant confirmation
- Live guide
- English, German
- Easy cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
- Explore Europe’s largest volcanic crater up close
- Experience unspoilt landscapes and traditional architecture
- Stroll through the port of Mandraki
- Full description
- Climb aboard at Kos for a boat tour to the fascinating volcanic island of Nisyros.
- Reach the picturesque harbor of the island after about an hour and discover the traditional way of life and authenticity of the island.
The bus takes you up a winding road until you reach the largest accessible volcanic crater in Europe. On the way up you will see a rugged landscape with strange trees and shrubs on one side, while you enjoy the magnificent view of the sea and the surrounding islands on the other. Once at the top admire the view of the active volcano crater – four kilometers in diameter – and look out onto a unique lunar landscape.
In the afternoon stroll through the narrow streets of the port of Mandraki, enjoy a traditional lunch in one of the many traditional tavernas or visit the famous monastery. Be enchanted by the magic of the island.
- Boat ticket
- What’s Not Included
- Bus transfer (€6)
- Entrance fee for the volcano (€3)
When you get there
Pick-up from your hotel in Kefalos, Kardamena, Mastichari, Marmari, Tigaki, Lampi, Kos